Use with Open Kettle fryers
Use with Donut Robot® fryers
Mark II, Mark II GP, Mark V, Mark V GP
UL, CSA, NSF, CE
If you are using EZMelt with a Donut Robot Mark II or Mark V, remember to specify a drain and valve for your fryer. See "Related Products" below.
- Can be used with all standard shortening products, including Zero Trans Fat shortening
- Heats shortening to 225°F/107°C.
- Includes a long-life synthetic filter screen. Screen needs replacement once per year under normal conditions.
- Pumps shortening to the fryer on demand.
- Refills shortening with push of a foot pedal.
- 2 hoses included as standard equipment
- Fill Hose - Connects to your Belshaw Open Kettle or Donut Robot fryer (must specify which).\
- Rinse Hose - for flushing debris while draining and filtering fryer.
- Cube cutter for fast melting of solid shortening blocks up to 50lbs (22.7kg).
- Hand held rinse hose with heat resistant handle.
- Element tilts up for easy tank cleaning. The entire tank is easily removeable.
- High-temperature safety cut-off switch.
- Mobile on casters.
- 120V or 240V, 50 or 60 Hz, 1-Phase.
- Certified by ETL to NSF Std 4, CSA C22.2, and UL 1889.
EZMelt Filters include a heating element to keep shortening warm. SF Filters do not include a heating element. This makes the EZMelt a lot more convenient to use in many ways.
- If Zero Trans Fat shortening is used, the shortening gradually becomes thicker at normal bakery temperatures. This can lead to pump blockages and failures with standard filters. Keeping the shortening warm overcomes this problem. The EZMelt does this, the unheated SF models do not.
- When using SF model filters, you must filter shortening and pump it back to the fryer right away. If shortening is left in the filter for a long period it will become solid. It will be a difficult job to transfer this shortening manually to the fryer.
- SF models do not include a direct hose connection to the fryer, because instant refills (using the pump) require warm liquid shortening. Shortening needs to be added manually to the fryer.
- Pumping reheated shortening through a fixed connection to the fryer is faster and safer than any other method, such as dropping in shortening blocks.
- EZMelts can refill shortening with a push of a foot pedal. No cutting and inserting solid shortening blocks directly to the fryer!